Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blog Hop: Shine On!

High Gloss is the name of this month's blog hop over at Nichole's blog for PTI. I immediately thought of layers of color and using the Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) to gloss up my card. Then, I thought about how neat it looks to emboss a background image before finishing the card. Out came this card from the combination of those two ideas. I embossed the Circle Spirals after cutting one inch strips of four pretty, pretty colors. After embossing the scribbly circles, I covered the entire sheet with Frost Versamark and the UTEE. I wasn't sure how it would look but I love the result. The UTEE looks like raindrops in places because it doesn't cover perfectly since some of it blew off as I was embossing the card. I really like the effect though with the scribbly circles in the background. To take the shine challenge on step further, I embossed the edge of the frame with silver. I stamped a sentiment from Framed Out #2 in the center in Royal Velvet. Wow, What a beautiful purple that is!
Here's a close-up of all the shine and gloss on my card.

6 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the layers of texture in your embossed background!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty! Can you believe I haven't inked up my Scribbled Circles set yet? I need to get on that ASAP!

Kay D said...

That is one beautiful, glossy background- i'll bet it feels so cool when you run your finger across it- I just love the feel of UTEE!

craftmates said...

Oh stunning! Love all the shine on your card- Irma

Rhonda said...

Love the background. Cool techniques.

Kristii said...

Wow! What a neat card! The background you created is fantastic!