Sunday, March 23, 2014

Make It Monday Challenge: 3D Stamp Paint

What a messy challenge this week! I'm still washing paint off my hands. I love it though because it gets me thinking creatively and allows me to try new and different techniques. I painted the impression plate with a green similar to Spring Moss and used it as my background on the card. The imperfections in the paint gives the background a bit of a shabby feel. Then, I used some kraft paper and cut out a scallop border. I used white paint around the edges of that and also on the Building Blocks rectangles...can you say new favorite stamp set?!?! I also used Garden Grace and finished the card with the white ribbon bow and a couple of pink rhinestones. This card came together in the end and it makes me want to go buy more paint and continue to incorporate paint into my cards. I really like how the greens, pinks, and kraft came together on this card, especially since it's spring (Even though it's still cold here!).

1 comment:

A Crafty Person said...

Lovely card! Love the paint embossed background.