Sunday, March 16, 2014

Make It Monday: Confetti!

I am going to be honest and say that this isn't my favorite card. I'm not sure if it's the color, the monochromatic scheme, or if I feel like it's just missing something. I'm posting it anyway and it does seem to be growing on me a bit. The Make It Monday challenge was to incorporate confetti into a card. I, for some reason, thought that the bees in Honey Bees stood out for me as I flipped through my dies. I think a strong desire for spring weather to stay would have something to do with that. I used the plastic container from a PTI set that I bought and scored it so that it would make a little square on the card to hold the confetti. My confetti is made up of glittered bees from Honey Bees, hexagons from the cover plate (stamped them with Mini Blooms flowers), glitter, and orange sequins. I cut a square out of the card front and tied a bow in the ribbon. I added a sentiment from the Honey Bees set along the side. Thanks for looking! Not my favorite but I'm sure someone will appreciate it.
A better picture of the box of confetti on the card.

3 comments:

Kristii said...

Very pretty!! Love the colors!!

Danielle Flanders said...

Very pretty! So glad you could play along in the challenge!

KimCJ said...

Maybe a jar of honey on the lower right corner would be cute https://www.papertreyink.com/images/products/2244.jpg