Saturday, March 29, 2014

Make It Monday: Make Your Own Cover Plates

Boy, do I like this challenge. Betsy is genius! Her video on making your own coverplate with dies is just such a brilliant idea. I have really enjoyed all of the MIM challenges; it's getting me back into my craft space after a hiatus due to job changes, moving, and a new addition to our family. It's been a couple of crazy years so it's nice to be in our house and be able to have a space to call my own for crafting. Anyway, back to the challenge. I used the Lock & Key die and stamp set. I will be honest; I had never even inked up the stamp but now that I made this card, I do believe it will be inked up a lot more often. I ran the keys through twice on the card front. The really nice part about this die is that they are on one die so it was just two swipes through. I wanted to dress up the bottom of the card so I used three different borders, a Smokey Gray ribbon, and then tied on the lock. I wet embossed the lock with clear embossing powder to give it a bit of shine, after enjoying the shine challenge on the most recent blog hop. I also used a color combination that I wasn't sure about but I really like the outcome. I combined Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Smokey Gray, and Canyon Clay. I finished the card with the sentiment in the corner.
A close up of some of the pretty details.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Fabulous take on the challenge!