Sunday, March 2, 2014

MIM: Watercoloring

The Make-it-Monday Challenge for this past week was to watercolor a background and use a heat embossed sentiment. I needed some simple birthday cards so I pulled out some birthday sentiments and the watercolors from the kit my son got for Christmas. I wanted to see what I thought of water coloring before I spent a lot of money for a set from the store. I really enjoyed it because I was able to mix painting with card-making. I'm definitely not saying I'm a painter; I certainly am not but it was fun to pretend for a bit. On the celebrate card, I used silver embossing powder, sequins (First time I've used these and love them!), and the red shades. I do think I got too much water on the card because you can see how the paper is starting to pill if you look at it closely.
On the birthday card, I simply brushed the shades of the rainbow along the white embossed "happy birthday" sentiment. The card literally took five minutes to make. I think I spent more time taking pictures than I did making the cards. It was nice to make a couple of quick cards.

No comments: