Sunday, April 20, 2014

MIM: Heat Embossing on Die Cuts

This has been an extraordinary crazy week. I'm just now getting to my card for the Make-It-Monday Challenge. The video was so great and had a lot of tips for heat embossing on die cuts and two step stamping. I wanted an Easter card so I decided to find a wreath and use the cute Hippity Hoppity stamp set. I ended up with the twiggy-looking wreath from Wreaths for All Seasons. I stamped the wreath, heat embossed a second wreath and adhered it on top of the original. Then, I heat embossed the eggs in white. I stamped patterns on each egg and popped them up from the wreath. I added lots of layers to the card from the patterned paper in the background, to the hand-stitched edge on the green paper, and the tags and felt along the bottom. I enjoyed making a card with all of the layers and little details but it take more practice with layering everything. I hope my layers work well together!
Here's a close-up of the embossing.

No comments: