Sunday, May 25, 2014

MIM: Artsy Watercolor Background

I didn't think I'd get around to making a card this week. I went to my craft room several evenings but just never got a card finished. I finally watched the MIM video this evening and found out how easy the process was and how pretty the final product could be. I have decided that I love the Happiness in Bloom stamp set. It saw ink for the first time tonight and I love the effect of the layering. I didn't put in all of the layers since I was going to be using water on the card and I thought the effect wouldn't show if I added more layers to the flowers. I really like the two-tone flowers though. I stamped Lemon Tart, Hibiscus Burst, and Summer Sunrise as my calmer tones of color. Then, the darker tones were Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, and Terracotta Tile. The Terracotta Tile was almost too dark but I just saturated it with more water. I did put the sentiment in that color and really like the effect of how it jumps off the page. I added some twine at the top and a few of my homemade enamel dots. For a quick card, I really like this effect and the end result. Thanks for looking!
I always love putting a close up of a portion of my card. Sometimes I can't show the card well enough as a whole so I like adding a snapshot of my favorite parts too.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Beautiful card, love the watercolor technique for cards! Just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster award, you can read all about it here: http://lexscreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-liebster-award.html
Have a great weekend!